Back to Industry-Wide News
Dear Friends and Customers,
We would like to share with you the following information in regards to new requirements for composite wood products. Beginning March 22, 2019, importers of certain types of composite wood products will need to comply under the TSCA Title VI Formaldehyde Emissions Standards.
The labels must include the fabricator’s name, the date the finished good was produced (in month/year format), and a TSCA Title VI compliance statement.
This Title applies to three types of composite wood products:?
- Hardwood plywood;
- Medium- density fiberboard (MDF); and
- Particleboard – whether the product is unfinished panels or incorporated into component parts or finished goods
As an importer of composite wood products, your responsibilities include:
- Certifying at entry the wood product is compliant with TSCA
- Recordkeeping for 3 years of invoice, bill of lading or comparable document that states the product is compliant with TSCA Title VI
- Upon request of EPA, the importer must be able to make records available to the EPA within 30 days.
Feel free to contact us for additional information.
(760) 357 3177